Sunday, February 21, 2010

I don't know what's truly altruistic anymore...


[ Set The Mood ] Obsessions - Marina & The Diamonds



I need more change. I was reading my formsprings and somebody asked why I talk about matters I don't know. See, that was never my point. For some reason, I always assumed people got the point from the first post they read: naive, young girl who likes to record her feeling and thoughts and what she sees. But instead they think I'm rambling about things I have no clue about. The funny thing about the question is that they said 'wait until your twenties'... In 5-6 years time, I'll be only a fraction the wiser. 40 years still might not be enough to understand life at all. Anyhoo, on to the change. I think I'll change how I format my posts.  Shorten them, change what they're about. Limit the pictures to ones I take myself. Post daily - almost daily. Maybe I'll just shut it down. But first of all, I'm taking down the rating system. Nothing like spending 45 minutes writing something to be bombarded with 'crapola's. I need ideas from you guys anyway.

But that's not the extent of my change. I need to smudge it into real life too. Help with my list?:
  • Less insulting/sarcastic
  • Shut my mouth
  • Tone myself up
  • Eat fruit and drink water when I'm hungry
  • Dress more classy then slutty
  • Learn some manners
  • Get more philanthropic
  • Go platinum blonde
That's all I have so far.
Comment your ideas?


LUCY

3 comments:

  1. Haha, the classy then slutty idea is a funny-un... give everyone a shock :']

    Change is good... if its for the better. Don't change because you think you need to please people with the blog, do it for yourself.

    I don't think I know you well enough to tell you what to change to be honest. But I know what I'd change with myself. Maybe really, its only you that knows who you want to be.

    [xxx]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work on your self-confidence
    And try not to conform to a genre. I know you're not, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry too much about people telling you "you don't know what you're talking about" when you talk about life. Truth be told, not a single person in the world understands life, and nobody ever will. It's one of those funny little mysteries that no one can quite put their finger on, but we keep hoping that someday it'll magically all make sense. Make what you want out of it and don't regret anything. Write about whatever you want but be honest and don't try to sound like an expert to impresss people - it does the complete opposite. And rather than try to change who you are, try to bring out the aspects of your personality that no one ever gets to see. Learning to show a different side to you might help you to appreciate yourself more. Do stuff you normally wouldn't, like getting to know someone you’ve never spoken to properly before, taking up an after-school thing or changing the way you dress or apply make-up. Expand your horizons rather than trying to limit yourself to a handful of set rules. And whatever happens, don’t give up on something you love doing, no matter what other people think of it. If it means a lot to you, keep blogging. Does it really matter if you don't get many readers? Why are you writing this - to express yourself or to impress other people? Think about what the purpose of this blog is before you plan to ditch it. Rant over, have a good life.x

    ReplyDelete