Saturday, February 27, 2010

A moment alone...


[Set The Mood - Fader by Temper Trap]


Ash has gone JLS and I wanted to have a nice big talky time 'til I remembered the concert. So I decided the only even relatively useful thing to do with my time is eat a sprinkle donut and blog, because, let's face it, I am a bad blogger. Sorry about lack of posts, was busy in school/Johnny Cash/msning people to blog. 




Not much has changed, really. I'm happier because of something, but if I blog it, I might ruin it or jinx it, y'know? I like being happy. It changes how I see things. Sister's confirmation was on Thursday, and even though I got the day off school for it, I didn't go. I lied for a while about it, when people asked how it was. But truth is that it was another breakdown. I was putting on my makeup and all I saw was my nose and my spots and my squinty eyes and my braces and my weird shaped lips and my love-handles and the little pouch of fat that hangs delightfully under my waist, and my small boobs and short legs. I felt my way into the fetal position and cried for ages, parents attempting to coax me etc. For a while they were angry, and my sister was crying and my mom was pleading and whining. When they'd finally decided on leaving me, I realized how selfish and thick I was (which really didn't help) but budged myself off the walnut flooring of my room and stumbled down the stairs to the melodious sounds of The Temper Trap and strength-giving Blondie. I sprayed abooot 40 sprays of my Bach Rescue Remedy on my tongue and decided that I should be presentable for guests after. I did my eyeshadow pretty and everything. And the rest of the day was fine. It's peculiar. They're making a shrink appointment tomorrow. 

The next day while brushing my teeth, I overheard my parents having a discussion about finance. Dammit, it didn't sound so great. I don't know.

The Lovely Bones is amazing. I've decided straight out that I'm not going to watch the movie simply because of the fact that there is no way it'll live up to the book. The words are spun in little spindles of silk, in a way that would be destroyed by any director. Also, Susie Salmon is not Saoirse Ronan in any way. Seriously.


Crap post, but comment anyway.
Hoping for about 5? Link?


LUCY

7 comments:

  1. Your beautiful please don't be so hard on yourself.
    I haven't read the book yet but that's what EVERYBODY is saying about the book VS the movie.
    Good post.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm i'm gonna see the movie soon, then read the book afterwards so I'll see how that goes.

    You're gorgeous Lucy, I bet a lot of girls would die to look as good as you do, honestly. Don't beat yourself over that area because that is one that definitly doesnt need changing.

    Good Luck with the Shrink, hope it goes well for you Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is going to be pointless but @Georgia and @Nicky, you guys aren't going to go: AGREED YOU'RE SO UGGOZ HARHAR. You're friends of mine so you're gonna lie. And my point is, I don't care if anybody else thinks I look nice because I don't think I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly, as someone that doesn't know you well and only has seen you a few times in person, you're good looking. Accept it. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I don't know you and I think you're GAWWWJUS. Inside and out. :] Srs bizness. I didn't know how to say that without sounding creepy. FAIL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ehh, If I don't go I'll download it so I'll see it either ways. Ehh, I didn't think you looked that nice when I first met you, and I still didn't think so up until around late October/November when you started coming into your own style. There's being honest for you. You do look nice, deal with it :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand your position exactly no matter how many people tell me that I'm pretty I still don't believe them but you should cause your actually really pretty hope the shrink went ok!! xxx

    ReplyDelete