Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue... Fuck You Whore.

[ Set The Mood ] Hero - Regina Spektor



The ivory skies are flowing with melancholy above everybody's heads. The air that is cold, but not refreshing. The smell of damp and mildew. And frost gently kisses the grass on those blue mornings, leaving that annoying wisp of silver that's not quite beautiful. Just average. Depressingly average. I don't understand; There's gorgeous Summer, all three months. With it's glowing, amber ambiance and dewy grass, and warm rain showers that feel amazing on our light baked skin. There's Spring, the birth of new, glorious, colourful flowers with their honey-sugar scent and the pregnant clouds that block the slate skies. And autumn has the whole crunchy 'we're all in a big oven' feeling that so many people adore. Winter is enchanting for the first while, but it annoys me when it's ink runs right into February, as it has now. I am begging for Spring-Summer-Autumn. I feel so off-focus and off-schedule, like someone smudged my lens. All I can do is eat and cry. I don't know. Another crappy post, I guess?


Watched (500) Days of Summer again. It's just. Wow. I highly recommend (and will eventually force) anyone and everyone who has not seen it yet to find someway to bask in it's wonders. I'm not sure whether to call spoiler alert or not, but I want to talk about the movie and the points made and elaborated on throughout the film. Fairytales. And cynicism. And serendipity. And hope and destiny and fate. It basically brings, if only a little bit, realism to the indie rom-com genre. At one point, we see a man falling head over heels in love with a woman. A simple concept; He just adores her quirky, casual air. But we see him clutching at straws, as she plays him like a fool, and he's left running around with a blind-fold on. It shows the ups, but mostly downs, of Summer & Tom's relationship in a clear light, instead of the silly flaws overlooked by the hero in every other romantic movie. Let's face it: In real life, we don't overlook flaws. No matter how much we love someone (even in a platonic way) we are going to see flaws and be annoyed by them. The one thing that makes me really and truly hate on people who are in love is when they call each other perfect and mean it. It's different when they use the phrase 'perfect for me' because they know what they mean. That this person has flaws, and is not the same as them, but they click in a jigsaw type of way. But when they say perfect, I facepalm. Perfection is like Santa Clause, you believe in it until you know better. Anyway, I just took the road less traveled in telling you that flaws are important and perfection isn't real. I have lost my mind.




Another thing my mind has dwelled on lately is existence. Why are we here? I guess we need enlightenment to know. There's another question. How do we reach enlightenment? See, this is why theology and religious spirituality is a load of bollocks. Ironically, I do think spirituality is important but on a personal level, rather than 'oh look, I'mma sing songs and talk to a giant bearded zombie in the skies' type of way. Anyway, it's because they dig holes that they can't plant trees in. False hope. People give half hour sermons on how if we live like Jesus or Muhammad, we'll reach enlightenment and the afterlife, himmel. It's sugar-coating that we're all gonna die. That we'll just lie there, six feet under, rotting and we're gone. Rather than telling us that, they say we all live the lives we wished we lived on Earth in the skies, or in the world around us. That we get recycled. I don't know, controversial topic, but it's an opinion. And I'm quite the cynic.


Loads of 'crapola's as of late. Hence why I might shut this down soon. People don't like listening to me ramble on about bittersweet nothing and my philosophical and moral errors.  I know that I've been expanding old material in recent posts, but my mind changes on the topics every once in a while, and documentation is the key to success, methinks. Comment about your favourite movie, your opinion on religion, here and now, and flaws.



Lucy

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. I think love is knowing their imperfections and loving them anyways. People who pretend everything is ok when it isn't will end up crushed, like in (500) days of summer :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fav movie is ponyo! lawl t'bits 2k10
    XD
    ily
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. DON'T SHUT IT DOOWWWWWWWWWN. I'll cry.

    Your blog title made me smile babe :']

    I've never seen (500) Days of Summer. When it came out I was desperate to see it, but I just never did I guess. You're quite into the indie film scene aren't you? You seen Garden State? Its fucking awesome. I highly reccomend if you haven't seen it.

    [xxx]

    ReplyDelete
  4. How come some people can see spirits if there is no such thing as anything happening when you die? And don't diss Jesus, Hes fricken' awesome!

    ReplyDelete