Friday, July 24, 2009

Pros and cons of breathing

G'morning, lovelies. 12.04pm, 24th of July 2009. 3 years away from the apocalypse and the coming of God's raptor.. aka Doomsdragon.


Just listened to After Hours- We Are Scientists.
From the Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist soundtrack. I adoreeee that movie. I only watched it last night, but I can't get it out of my head so I'll probably end up watching it again tonight. It was just my exact type of movie: indie rom-com with weird twist, gays and a band named after a rabbit. I'd say I'll love this movie forever more. Vampire Weekend, We Are Scientists, The Submarines, The Real Tuesday Weld. Quality film making. This sounds very odd, but my favourite part would be the scene in the recording studio. I mean, it's Lucy and the scene's about fucking, you probably guessed already. But I thought it was so adorable, because in the shop the bitchy one was all like 'Oh Norah, I bet you've never even had an orgasm' and then Norah was all flustered like 'Ehh, I don't know' and then the man beside her goes 'If you did, you'd know' and poor Norah was all embarassed, and then in the recording studio they have a decibel reader thing and you just hear her moans and see the monitor take readings and then they show her writhing in pleasure and then he stands up and zips up his pants, Norah follows and off they go. Quick, but I just thought it was so sweet. Also, who wouldn't like to tap Michael Cera? SPOILER: In the end, they find Fluffy but they're too loved up to watch the show and it's like 4am. Considering they were teenagers still in school, I find it hard to believe that their parents weren't fazed by any of it. Oh well, it was still a wonderful movie. Special features rocked too, when Kat did the puppet show. 'I believe in miracles, doin' a stripteease, doin' a stripteeaseee.' Hilarity.

Grr. Father figure woke me up at 10am to make me take pictures, after I got no sleep at all last night because I was coughing like hell and roasting and then as soon as I try to help him to understand the basic way to use a camera, he grounds me for shouting at my mother. As I leave the room, my sister yells at me for wearing her hairband. Through the duration of this escapade, I'm coughing like hell, I hit my head on a shelf and my feet were bleeding. And after, I had a raging headache. FML. I'm just lounging around today, got nothing better to do. Grand Theft Autumn acoustic edition on repeat on my iTunes. Fall Out Boy are so mainstream now, they kinda deplete the whole indie thing that I'm trying to edge towards so I can drop the 'emo' thing. Oh well, if I like music, I like music. It's as simple as that really. Where is your boyfriend at? Just had a cup of tea so I probably won't get much sleep today. I'm trying so hard to tire myself out lately. Sleeping is one of the most difficult activities of my lifetime. It's like I'm having a mid-life crisis. Except it's like mid-mid-life crisis. Come to think of it, my parents never had mid-life crises. They didn't go back to wearing 70s clothes and smoking weed whilst listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival and the Steve Miller Band. They didn't freak out and run around the house looking for bunnies. Or anything of lesser form. Mom got more hormonal, dad golfed more. I wouldn't class that as mid-life crisis. They even sleep fine. It's weird how that's the only time they remain normal. They never were normal parents. I love them anyway, even if we do fight.

I guess you could say I love everyone. Somedays, when I'm in a good mood, I tell everyone I see that I love them and to pass it on. As per usual, nobody passes it on. But it's a nice feeling when people say they love you in any form. It's like 'd'aawwh, thanks for caring'. Especially on the days when it feels like nobody does care, when you're wearing a raincloud as a hat. Maybe that's just me though. There really is no point of hate anymore. I say I hate people but I really don't mean it in as strong as terms as that. I mean it like: they're annoying, occasionally deceitful, bitchy, two faced and slutty... but aren't we all? I have a lot of people who hate me, it's a regular thing, and I end up just living with it. It's a proven fact that one person thinks about you each night. It could be your parent, sibling, friend or secret admirer. Nobody's proven the fact that each night somebody says something mean about you, but I bet that's the case too. Hatred is just...... it's that horrible coffee flavoured one in the box of chocolates we call life. People say they're going to eat it, but in the end, it's left there all alone. That didn't make sense, but my blogs rarely ever do. Maybe I'm going insane. Am I a stone..? Am I a sponge..?

Summer's almost over. I feel like I wasted it, but everyone else is pretty much content with it. I have a month left to do some crazy apeshit stuff, now I just need to motivate the people around me to do the same. I want to get some kick ass ipod speakers and stand outside the playground and mime Jonas Brothers to passers-by and see if we can get them to sing along. I want to stand on a tree and shout out that I love cookies. I want to have a REAL mexican night or a sleepover or go exploring the fields that my uncle owns late at night with flashlights and mobile phones and werewolf bait. But I don't have time for all of that. Maybe next Summer, dearies, maybe next Summer. I guess the least I can do is enjoy myself doing what I do. I'll try and drink ice-tea instead of energy drinks to keep my cool. Ice tea is incredibly vintage anyway. Maybe not. But it tastes hella good. Comment question of the post: Nestea ice tea or Lipton ice tea and which flavour do you like the most? Nestea pwns Lipton in my opinion. And I like the peach flavour best but they dont have that in Ireland so yeah I like the berry one best.


Nothing else to talk about really.
Laptop running out of battery and nobody writes back to me on msn.
I feel like my presence is greatly appreciated. (Y)
Talk to youu later, loseeeers.


Lucy
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I have never ever tried ice tea. Hard to believe eh? I should try it. As i should watch Nick and Norah. That scene sounds hilarious.

    You're not a sponge. Or a stone. You're a Stonge. :D

    [xxx]

    ReplyDelete