Hello interwebs,
I'm so filled with creative enthusiasm that I had to blog right now, without any pictures taken today.
In case you all got ran over before I posted and now have amnesia, my name is Lucy.
Hehe, 7 days exactly since the start of the Summer break. One of those days spent with an actual human being (aka. Kate) and the other six I spent
hanging out with my mom, dad and sister. Wooo, what a great life, dare I add? Apologies for the infrequent posting problemo, I'm just too damn lazy,
and I procrastinate a lot. I kept saying... 'Oh yeah, I'll just make a blog post now' and then it ends up unfinished in my drafts. You blog-readers would
have a total field day in my blog drafts. Only one comment on the last post, blog readers. If nobody cares about this blog, I really will shut it down.
Awhaw, this post needs at least 2 comments and 1 clicky-rate thingy that isn't 'crapola' or I'll shut this bitch straight motherfucking down. I have 20 followers and the last post got 2 comments. What am I doing wrong here, peoples? *headdesk*
I had a lot of revelations today. In a supermarket with my mom. A lot of interesting things happen to me in supermarkets, especially lately. Firstly, while my mom did some grocery shopping, I trekked off to the book shop. I had... €30 euro with me, not one cent my own, mind you. Hoping to get at least two books. Lalala... I basically skipped over to the young adult section to see if the Georgia Nicolson finale was out, or the Airhead sequel. To my horror, my face started melting into my jaw line in realization. 95% of the books were about vampires. Top shelf: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn. Next shelf: Four series of books about vampires. Next shelf: The same. What has the world become of?! I ended up getting three books: My Not So Simple Life by Joanna Nadin, Scatterheart by Lili Wilkinson (Lili Wilkinson...the name flows really well, don't you think?) and Beautiful Dead (Book 1- Jonas) by Eden Maguire. None about vampires, but they were basically the only ones that weren't.
Another thing I noticed was that at 2pm, all the good looking men arrive at your local supermarkets. I mean, single divorcee women, get your asses down to your supermarket right now.... well, if it's 2pm when you read this, do. It was packed with eye-candy, like a shipping box full of eye-candy. One of the men that truly stood out was a tall, slim man in a pinstripe suit, with black thick rimmed glasses, and short brown hair. He was standing at the coffee counter with a newspaper under his arm and my insides practically melted. It was like *sensegasm*. For some reason, guys in suits are always turn-ons to me. It's the whole, clean, crisp, I-took-my-time-today-to-look-like-a-Boss-model kinda thing. Yummm.
The final thing I noticed is that my mom is a total saint and I feel crappy and unworthy when I'm around her. We were driving to the supermarket in her Rav, and we come across a small older man stumbling around on the road, looking rather lost and bewildered. He clearly had some sort of special need and I didn't really think much of it, him stumbling bewildered, I mean. My mom was a bit baffled and kept her eye on him. Suddenly, he starts walking onto a busy junction. That's when my mom, the christian she is, opens her door, and offers the man a lift. She escorts him to the safe side of the road, helps him into the car, does his seatbelt. When we were in the supermarket, she opened his door for him, after she left him right in front of the door. My mom, she isn't Hitler, but she most certainly doesn't save puppies for a living or anything. I felt kinda bad for the man anyway, he must have a pretty hard time. So, yeah, moral of story, Lucy has saintly mom.
Lucy has done NONE of her Summer list thing. Mostly because you need friends to do any of the things on the list. I'll make another, easier, simpler, shorter list for myself to achieve...next blog. Hehe.
Twilight phenomenon has already been mentioned in this post, but I remembered something that I noticed in the bookshop now. The Host isn't such a crappy book. Twilight, and the rest of the saga, just don't flatter her abilities. I'm going to be as blunt and Lucyrific as I possibly can be here, and this is a fact: Twilight is just High School Musical gone emo. Think about it. Okay, Twilight isn't a musical, I get it. But it's the same basis: Boy meets girl, forbidden by peer group, in the end, happily ever after. The Host totally pwns Twilight. Twilight has no sex scenes because it's based towards twelve year olds, but The Host has one.... even though in the end nothing happens because the dude has no contraceptive devices 'cus he's like living in the desert, hiding from the alien-human mabobbers. I think I just ruined the book. Hehe.
Lovewise, Lucy is still single. But she has mixed feelings towards a person or two, and no, no matter who you are, I'm not gonna disclose who I like or kinda like or don't like. I noticed that I've been fed bullshit that I've only ever had a crush. IMHO, Love is when you see this particular person or even just someone who looks like them, your heart beats a little faster and your stomach gets fuzzy, when you regret everything you say and feel like facepalming, when you try to subtly ignore them but end up subtly stalking them, when you'd do anything just for them to feel the same way. Even if you don't know the person, even if you have never talked to them, that's love, my friend. And that's why I believe in internet dating, even though I don't do it myself.
Listening to Almost Here, the 2005 The Academy Is... album a lot lately. It's just my kinda beat, and their best album to me. Erm... oh yesssss, I have some bands that I recently started loving that you guys should know about:
- Nickasaur!
- A Cursive Memory
- Surrender The Dancefloor
- Rocket Summer
- The Secret Handshake
- The Media Says
- The Maine
- Hit The Lights
Something else I realized (gosh, this post is just filled with revelations....blackholes and revelations... rofl) is that Carls Jr. is paying all the big name youtubers except Fred to make videos about their Portabello Mushroom burger. Sxephil, Nigahiga, Hot For Words, iJustine, Smosh and more. Yikeeees. Smosh and Nigahiga ones are my favourite. Natalie/Communitychannel would've totally hit a project like that outta the ball park. Like....swwwwwwwwsssssshhhhhhh, and if you guys haven't checked out her hoedown throwdown in a bear costume with her singing, check it, it's on her channel. :)
Well, that's all that mattered to me today, bitches.
Remember the comment ultimatum, and pleaseeee tell your friends.
Whoever tells their friends gets a sign from me for their a-magical forum signature/bebo/facebook/myspace/etc... XD
LUCY XOXO




OI! I comment every post. I'm a winner.
ReplyDeleteYou and your hardcore life. Love it.
Youtube is win, and half of my life. Sad yes. Exciting yes. Useful yes. Good to talk about around friends? No.
[xxx]
hey. im dan's friend . I was bored and so I decided to blog hop. As I was hoping around, I came across your blog. Your blog posts r like WOW and erm your into Nickasaur eh? I simply love the song, queen bee, by them. If you like Nickasaur, you should check out NevershoutNever! & A Rocket To The Moon. They're pretty kickass.
ReplyDeletebtw btw.
do tag my bloggie eh : )
http://keel-that-biotch.blogspot.com
I'm there with you on new peeps to hang out with. Half of my friends would rather play World of Warcraft the entire summer instead of head out and enjoy the uh... *looks outside window* rain >.>.
ReplyDeleteGah I know! I walked into the square to grab stuff for the junior cert and its vamp mania. Most of the books were directly or indirectly related to it.
The Academy Is is one of those rare artists which can produce an album that I would gladly listen to every song without skipping even uno of it. Great music taste girl!
P.S, my uber sigs > yours <3
ReplyDeletelol. dan wth. XD
ReplyDeletebtw Lucy, do you listen to bands such as BMTH,TDWP,ABRB and the like??
hey I just was randlomly flicking through blogs and found yours. It's class out.
ReplyDeleteTotally agree on the overload of vampire books. Twilight was good I admitted but does every other author have to jump on the bandwagon?? They've even re-issued that old Night world series
Beautiful dead is good. Took me a while to get into it. Maybe she'll develop the charactors more in the nect one